Sunday 7 February 2010

Kiyomizu Temple

From Kiyomizu

Recently I have been using Yuuri's credit card to send money home and as a result of it being a JAL (Japan Airlines) card we had racked up some air miles. Enough in fact for a cheap trip to Kyoto, the old capital of Japan.

For those who don't know Kyoto it is a major tourist attraction as an example of 'old' Japan. It was spared in WWII and has been preserved well. I don't think anyone could escape the modern architecture of Japan and even Kyoto is a bask of skyscrapers and modern buildings but that is Japan.Yuuri's sister, Arisa, joined Yuuri and myself on the trip and we set out to find some of Kyoto's beauty.

Geographically Kyoto is in southern Japan and I thought it would be warmer than it was, unfortunately I was very wrong. This was early February weather and it was cold and wet, much similar to December in northern England. However, being British I can't let a bit of rain stop me!

The first place we visited was Kiyomizu temple. A fantastic piece of craftsmanship, a huge temple made of wood. It has been preserved well and they say it has been made without the use of nails.


From Kiyomizu

A definite one to visit!

For more pictures ->
Kiyomizu

No comments:

FeedBurner FeedCount