Sunday 7 February 2010

Heian Shrine

From haian temple

A shrine is easily identified by its red gateway, there are a vast amount of these all over Japan. They are usually very beautiful, this one is special because as you can see from the gate it's the biggest in Japan!

Shrines always have this red sort of design and usually host weddings and ceremonies as oppose to temples which usually host funerals.


From haian temple

In Kyoto I tried making HDR photos of some of the scenery, it's a little different but I hope it helps you enjoy the pictures. The one above is one of these HDR pictures, basically my camera takes 3 pictures, 1 letting light in and the next two less and less light. The result is over exposed and under exposed pictures which I put together to have grater control of contrast and brightness without losing colour.



Here is a video of a 360 degree view of the shrine. I took this video on my phone so the quality isn't great.

For more pictures ->
haian temple

No comments:

FeedBurner FeedCount