Wednesday 21 November 2007

Working for AEON in Aomori



Some good news I got the job with AEON, I have until the 26th November 07 to accept it.
I have been offered a place in a school in the town of Aomori at the northern point of the main island. The weather there is meant to be quite cold with very long winters and snow.

I've never lived anywhere snowy or ever really been to such a snowy country so it should be interesting. I'm really looking forward to it.

At the moment I just want to research the place and get a feel for what the town is like. If anyone has any information or experience of the town please let me know!

I get my flight on April 3rd 2008 and arrive April 5th so a few months to go yet.

Colin

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, glad to hear that you finally got into an eikaiwa!

Sorry if this reply is weird; but, I've been keeping up with you on youtube (and now your blog) [and just to sound a bit extra creepy we exchanged youtube emails once mwahaha!)

Anyways, looks like a cool town (figuratively/physically) But, I don't think Japan is a place where anglo saxons like us can go to and be unhappy :D

cheers and best of luck,

Ross aka kenjuuamore

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Colin! Your perseverance paid off in the end.

T9.

Unknown said...

Gratz mate!! Glad to hear that you got the job. Bet you can't wait now can ya...

Need any help with getting anything ready for your journey then let me know! :D

Peace.

Daz

Anonymous said...

omedetou!
but its shame you are far from my place :(
come around to tokyo sometime ill show u around :)
nao x

taopix said...

good luck in aomori. the aomori people has the most weird japanese accent so be prepared haha!

FeedBurner FeedCount