Thursday 7 April 2011

Aomori

I finally got a truck to go to yamagata and get my stuff.
It's been difficult getting a truck due to the earthquake and everyone moving.




It was a long 5 hour drive there and back but we needed to keep costs down so Yuuri's father drove.




We took the Tohoku expressway south. This is the fastest road but also expensive. ¥19,000 return.

Once in yamagata tendo we quickly loaded up.







The road was bumpy and in a bad way due to earthquake damage.




We drove through sun, night and heavy snow by the end. We left the stuff in the truck and went to bed.

We rented the truck for 24hrs 8am-8am. So next morning we got up early still tired from the journey. We unloaded the furniture into Yuuri's grandmothers garage.

There it stays, I asked my company if they'd help pay the ¥65,000 it cost to drive the truck. They eventually offered to pay ¥40,000.

My company has also not helped me find a place to live. I'm lucky I can stay with Yuuri's parents but most of my clothing and furniture is in storage.

I've been very disappointed with how my company has organised this transfer. Having only been with the company a couple of months this is a bad introduction.

I work in hirosaki city so I take 2 trains to work everyday costing ¥1800 a day.

I hope I can find a place soon.

Location:1丁目,Aomori,Japan

No comments:

FeedBurner FeedCount