Sunday 4 July 2010

My family


So now that I am married Im lucky enough to have two families. Golden week was a great chance for both families to get to know each other better.

Yuuris family always welcomed my parents into their home and cooked for them. Sometimes without me because id be working. They always tried to cook food that was friendly to my parents. I think its tough to change onto Japanese food straight away, they have some strange tastes. Also style is very different and food is plentiful but often served on many small dishes. Drinks are usually poured for you by the host which can leave any guest feeling a little more than tipsy by the end of the night.

Yuuris parents also made time to take my parents out. We travelled to the northern island of Hokkaido with my parents, Yuuri, her sister Arisa and her parents. We rented a car and hit the road.

It was a good time to bond and Yuuris family took care of everything. The trip was well planned and all the sights and times were all sorted out well in advance. They always thought about my parents and what the think they would like.

We visited the tower and drank beer at the beer hall. Ate local crab at the hotel on traditional tatami, whilst wearing Yukatas. We started the next day with a refreshing dip in the Japanese hot spring or Onsen. We then set out for the sumo museum and finally the park which had an old samurai castle within.

As a result my parents had an amazing time in Japan and why I tell them I always have an amazing time in Japan.

Currently I am suffering with pneumonia and Yuuris parents have taken care of me at their home. Sometimes its nice not being alone when your ill.

Married life in Japan has been very good to me.

No comments:

FeedBurner FeedCount