Sunday 5 April 2009

All singing and dancing - parents have a a bash at karaoke

One thing everyone always says when you go to Japan is try Karaoke. So they were really keen to see it but not so forthcoming to try it. So one night I asked them to come drinking with me and I took them to a nice bar.

The original plan was to go out with the Aeon staff but they had to cancel. Yoko had a cold, Megumi had hay fever and Mifuyu was still ill from being pregnant. So we went out with Yuuri and had a really nice time drinking. After I recommended karaoke and we got a taxi to place that had private karaoke booths (which are very comon in Japan).

You get a private room, some mics, a TV and a phone. You sing songs and you can order drinks over the phone. Usually you pay for the room for an hour or however long you want and drinks and food are included.

We settled down in a booth, dimmed the lights and got some drinks. I quickly set up a song and soon enough we were away. This has to be a rare sight for me so I made sure I got it on camera albeit I wish I hadn't got so much audio footage!!!



You can also check out some stills here.

Parents Karaoke

1 comment:

Unknown said...

very good singing.!

FeedBurner FeedCount