Sunday 4 January 2009

Aomori Aeon Roster

Now I have been working for Aeon for about 9 months I feel I have got to know my colleagues, not just professionally but also socially. I’d like to share with you the people who have helped me getting set up in Japan.

IMG_1394

Mifuyu – Head Teacher

When I was ill, this is the person who helped me in the hospital by sorting everything out. She has helped me so much and supported me, I almost think of her as my Japanese mother! I don’t just go to her for support at work but she also helps me with personal problems. I have gone to her for advice about Yuuri and even how to look stylish.At work she has also helped me and supported me. She has helped me where I have struggled with lessons and coached me through foreign procedures.

Mifuyu invited me to her wedding not long after I started AEON which you can see on my other blog or by clicking here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMG_1126

Megumi (pictured here with Kenji) – Kids head teacher

Megumi has the best English out of all the Japanese staff at Aeon. This makes her a joy to work with! With Megumi you know exactly what is happening. She has helped me a lot where I need some complex translations and recently made the reservation for me for my Christmas meal.

I can always rely on Megumi to give me advice about my kids lessons. She’s very helpful to me and also an easy person to talk to about personal issues.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMG_0997

Yoko (Left, Megumi right) – Assistant Manager

Yoko is a wonderfully kind person. Her English is not as good as Mifuyu’s but we have worked together on projects for Aeon and had no problems. If I ever need information or advice she is always quick to respond. Although I haven’t seen her as much as the others outside of work, she is always very friendly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMG_1013

Alexis – Foreign Teacher

I used to spend a lot of time with Alexis but since I went into hospital we kind of drifted apart. I had to stop going out drinking and she liked to go drinking (i liked to go drinking too but Dr’s orders told me not to). Either way she is still a great colleague at work. I feel we are connected by being in the same situation and I’m always willing to help her along if she needs it as she has done for me many times.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMG_1017

Seiko – Part Time Kids Teacher

Seiko is only round the office for a little bit but she is a great person to know. She has helped me travel around and has taken me to the museum before. She loves speaking English and she is never in a bad mood.

I love talking with Seiko, it’s always interesting and usually very funny too!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to say there isn’t a bad member of Aeon here at all. Maybe because our branch is small, things are a little more personal. I think in bigger cities I might be seen as an expendable foreigner but I don’t know, all I know is this is a great branch of Aeon and I hope to continue working here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello injirisujin,

My name is Heather Sligh (nee Wallace). I was an eikaiwa teacher in AEON's Aomori branch from November 1998-November 1999. I returned to the United States and lost touch with the teachers and staff there. (I'm not very good at keeping in touch.) From the roster you've posted it looks like the teachers and staff have changed! When I was there the office manager was Maiko Sugo; Japanese teachers were Megumi and Katsuko. But, the Megumi in your photos looks like it might be a different Megumi! Anyhow, I just wanted to say hello to you and to Aomori AEON!

satogaeru at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

Hi, My name is Stewart. Aww, Mifuyu is married! I taught there in 2004, with Katsuko, Yoske, Mifuyu, Vanessa, Midori, oh, and... um shoot, I forgot my favorite person's name who always made me laugh. That's my memory. Ryoko? hmm.
Oh, And my students Motoaki, Toru, and Ron, to think of those off the top of my head. I too was terrible at keeping in touch. :( Hello to anyone from that era! I still think fondly of my time there and you all!

stewart00watson at yahoo dot ca

FeedBurner FeedCount